Tomato and Burrata Risotto
Elevate your dinner with this creamy tomato and burrata risotto, where the rich, velvety texture of burrata meets the vibrant flavors of San Marzano tomatoes.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
Tomato and Burrata Risotto3 cups vegetable broth2 tablespoons olive oil2 tablespoons butter1 small onion, diced1 1/3 cup arborio rice2/3 cup dry white wine½ cup grated Pecorino Romano2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil125g ball of Deliziosa burrata, or any burrata cut in four pieces
- First, empty the Ciao D.O.P. San Marzano tomatoes into a bowl and crush them by hand.
- Next, put the tomatoes and the broth into a pot and heat through, then reduce to a simmer.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil and the butter over medium heat and add the diced onion.
- Add the rice and stir briefly to toast, being sure to coat the rice with the oil/butter mixture.
- Add the white wine and lower the temp to medium-low. Stir until wine is evaporated.
- Add a ladle of the tomato mixture and stir until almost evaporated.
- Continue adding ladles of the tomato mixture and stir constantly until the rice is al dente. This will take approximately 25 minutes. Don’t let the rice stick or dry out.
- Stir in the Pecorino Romano cheese and basil.
- Plate into 4 servings and top each plate with a quarter of the burrata, enjoy!