Impress your guests with this easy yet elegant dish of mussels cooked in a DOP San Marzano marinara sauce to give you that specialty taste!
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Place fresh mussels in a colander and wash with cold water. Then, clean off any debris and debeard the mussels. Tip: If the mussels are open before you cook them, gently tap on them. If the shell doesn’t close, then discard it.
- Next, chop the garlic and parsley and place them to the side.
- In a medium-sized pot, heat olive oil over medium heat then add parsley, chopped Calabrian chili peppers, and garlic and cook until the garlic is light brown.
- Add the white wine and cook it down until you cannot smell the wine anymore.
- Add the Ciao DOP San Marzano Tomatoes and cook for 10-15 minutes covered on medium heat.
- Once the sauce starts to simmer, add the mussels and cook for 5-7 minutes covered, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Open the pot and let the water evaporate for about 3-4 minutes, then turn off the heat.
- Check for any mussels that have not opened and immediately discard them.
- Place the mussels in a bowl, and garnish with lemon wedges and fresh parsley.