Indulge in the comfort of our homemade lasagna with 10 layers that take this classic dish to new, delicious heights.
- Yield: 2-3 servings
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
*This recipe uses a 9x5 loaf pan. If you're using a different size pan, you may have to adjust ingredient proportions or reduce the amount of layers.
*You can use store-bought lasagna sheets if you do not want to make your own pasta.
- Have your Caputo Fresh Pasta with Semola sheeted to #8 on your pasta machine, then cut them into rectangular 9x5 sheets (or to whatever size loaf pan you are using). Dust with Caputo Semola and place to the side. Alternatively, boil store-bought lasagna sheets to al dente, then cut them to fit your loaf pan.
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Begin layering your lasagna, starting with 2oz of Bolognese sauce spread evenly on the bottom of your pan, then cover with a pasta sheet.
- Add 4oz of Bolognese sauce, spread evenly, then add 2-3 tablespoons of the besciamella, a sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano, and chopped basil (for a cheesier lasagna, you can add a 1/4 cup of shred- ded mozzarella in between each layer).
- Continue to layer your lasagna until you've placed the last sheet on top. At this point, you can add your last 4oz of Bolognese, a sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano, and 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella. Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350F for 45 minutes.
- Pro tip: Brush olive oil on your sheet of tinfoil to prevent the mozzarella from sticking to it while baking.