Italian Style Chili
We used some of our favorite Italian products to upgrade one of our favorite comfort foods - chili!
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- In a Dutch oven pot, add olive oil and heat on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine all 3 meats into a bowl. Add salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, and chili powder and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Next, add your chopped onions to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes or until they start to become translucent.
- Add in your red peppers and garlic and cook for 2-3 more minutes
- Add the meat, and using a wooden spoon, break up the meat into small pieces until it is ground up with no large chunks.
- Make some space in the pot and add in your tomato paste. Let it reduce a bit, then mix it in.
- Add in the Calabrian chili peppers and continuously mix everything until the meat starts to brown.
- In a separate bowl, add your Ciao DOP San Marzano Tomatoes or Ciao Italian Whole Peeled Tomatoes or and season them with salt. Break them up by hand, leaving in small chunks for texture, then add them to the pot.
- After 5 minutes, add the drained and cleaned beans and stir. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add in your bay leaves and basil, and allow the chili to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, covered, making sure to stir the pot every so often.
- Once your chili has thickened, add in your parsley.
- You can serve it with your favorite toppings and a side of toasted bread made with Caputo flour!