Creamy Tomato Soup
We took an American classic and put a spin on it with our Italian tomatoes! On its own or paired with a grilled cheese, this recipe always hits the spot!
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- In a dutch oven pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add your chopped onion and cook until they become translucent.
- Add your garlic and cook until they become very lightly browned, being sure not to burn them.
- Add your Ciao Authentica Crushed Tomatoes, salt, and pepper, and cook for 20-30 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Using a hand immersion blender or tabletop blender, blend until the tomato mixture becomes nice and smooth with no chunks of tomato or onion visible.
- Return the blended tomatoes to the pot and stir in the heavy cream.
- Once the heavy cream is mixed in, add your basil.
- Serve and enjoy!